Sunday, June 7, 2009

End of Week 1

My apologies for the lack of posts: they keep us extremely busy here.

Things are going great - I'm really enjoying myself - the people are great, the city is beautiful and I'm learning a lot!

My only complaint is how tired I am. We never stop and we walk for hours every day (though I've already lost some weight due to this!!). But it's all good. Mom shipped me my sneakers which I'd forgotten so my back isn't hurting me nearly as much now.

My french is coming back to me very quickly. I can easily carry on hour long conversations again (though there is still a lot of new vocabulary I need to learn). It's really good, I wish I could do this program again next summer cause I think another time would be good for me.

So what have I done this week? We went to Chinatown for dinner one night, had a tour of Old Montreal and then spent yesterday in Quebec City. It was beautiful despite some rain (made much better by the cute boy who held my umbrella over me and gave me his sweater lol).

Today is a free day, thank goodness cause I'm exhausted. Just gonna putter around, lay in bed, do some laundry and some cleaning and get groceries. The rest of the girls are going up to the park so I might go too for a bit but we'll see.

I will post sooner this time, promise! Au revoir! :)

No comments: