Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Me!

I am officially old. It's amazing how time flies. It feels like just yesterday I was in middle school. But here I am, half way to the answer to life, the universe and everything and I feel like I'm going nowhere. Hopefully that sentiment will change in the next few years though. Though the prospect of being finished school and out in the big wide world all alone terrifies me.
So as I move into my 22nd year of this good ol' life... I'd like to be able to wear high heels again, and walk without pain. And to know I'm healthy and gonna live a long time; I'd like to wake up in the morning and not be tired. I'd like to read a novel in a day like I used to be able to. I'd like to know that the people who I care about very much are still going to be in my life in a year, and I'd be open to the prospect of a new person or two to care about. I'd really like it if no one I knew died for a year. Just one year. I'd like to better me, cause well I need some bettering, whether anyone other than me is willing to admit it.
I'm not asking for much am I?

No comments: