Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I quit!

So I am officially umemployed. Yes, I realize this is the time of the year when I should be telling you about the job I just got. Not so this year.
I will be unable to work my job because of my ankle so its over. Which I am finding quite hard. Two of my customers didn't help the situation when they saw me there today, came running over, shook my hand, patted me on the back, and told me how much they ahd miss and me and excitedly asked when I was coming back. :( Apparently, its just not the same without me.
I know it wasn't the greatest job ever but I loved my coworkers and I loved the customers and honestly, I cried when I told my manager I couldn't work. Alas, I'm pathetic.
So now I'm job hunting. Which I have discovered is horrible when you don't know anyone. The woman I met with today to fix up my resume was all about family, and networking. Yeah, well my family are a bunch of uneducated hicks (no offense) but they are and unless I want to feed cows this summer or work in mechanics garage they are no help to me.
So if y'all have any contacts who can get me a sit down job, maybe in a field related to history or law that would be much much appreciated. I'll file, I'll answer phones, whatever, just something to get my foot in the door for something!
Okay, papers now. Tootles.

No comments: