Wednesday, November 5, 2008

yay for getting gussied up

So I got to dress up last night! Engineers without Borders were hosting a wine and cheese night and I got drug out by Islander and his gf and A (new friend! - but I've got no creative name...)
It was a very good time. Got to buy a dress and feel good. There was wine and we won a martini tasting night in the silent Auction.
We then went to the pub on campus for a bit. Islander's GF and I have hit it off and she's a real sweetheart so we got to know each other while the boys talked politics. Of course.
Ooo but speaking of talking politics. The other day we were out having a few drinks (all my good stories now revolve around alcohol... hmmm) and this friend of Islander's sat down with us and starts ranting about all this stuff which was all really stupid. I sat quietly while Islander, the weird guy and A argued for about 45 minutes. And then I'd had it. I went off on the guy for a good five minutes. I never do that. But it was quite invigorating and I felt very intelligent for once. It's been the talk of everyone for awhile now cause I think I caught everyone a little off guard.
Anywhoo now today I have all afternoon and evening with very little stuff to do so I can get some stuff done. ie. laundry, paper research, and habitat duties.

No comments: