Sunday, February 15, 2009

watch out for the ice!

So because my life is NEVER boring...
My bus was in an accident this evening on the way from spending the weekend at home back to here. The roads were bad and a car coming the opposite direction swerved into our lane and we hit it head on and then proceeded to drive over it: it ended up somewhere behind us in the ditch.
It was horrible... I'm still shaking. I was reading at the time so my head was bent over so when we crashed my head went straight into the seat in front of me. I'm now nursing some very sore neck and shoulders muscles. I'm not sure how but the window beside me was shattered too.. luckily it didn't actually break cause it would have fallen on me. Thank god the bus driver was able to keep control of the bus too otherwise there could have been much more serious injurious and some bus flipping.
Few people on the bus were hurt, just a few from the front of the bus (like me) who were sore, so we all get some ambulance rides to the hospital (one no where near either of my home's leaving me stranded in the middle of no where all alone which sucked).
The car however wasn't so lucky... not sure abotu anyone but there were two children in the car and someone had been thrown from the vehicle and their condition had been iffy... part of me kinda doesn't want to know cause the thought of it upsets me incredibly...
I am terribly sore right now... the pain just keeps adding up as new parts of my body protest the being flug around feeling. I'd currently like to brush my teeth but alas.. my bag was left at the scene in the bus... it is supposed to be in the bus terminal by morning so I can go reclaim it.. provided I can walk lol.
Ah.. never boring!
Oh and because of all the mayhem I missed my HFH interview this evening. Luckily the woman was understanding of the entire situation and we've postponed till tomorrow evening.
Sooo how's everyone else these days?! :-)

No comments: