Thursday, June 14, 2007

Workplace fun!

For the past month I've been working two jobs, totalling about 70 hours of week between the two of them. I've discovered that's a little too much for me. One of the jobs I really enjoy, I like the people I work with as well as the clientele; I've also moved up very quickly in my position. So it was really easy for me to decide which of the jobs I would be quitting however, telling my boss was a bit more difficult, especially since she'd just lost one of her main guys the other day.
However, its nice to know that sometimes things just work themselves out. I was told today that I would no longer be needed because they were changing their hours and my shift would no longer exist. Soo.. I was fired sorta or "let go" I guess they'd call it but not cause of anything I did just because of some changes in the workplace.
I couldn't be happier, I was trying to find the best time to tell my boss and I was worried she'd be upset and all that and then she came to me about it! So I only have to work next week and then I'm back down to just one job at only 40-45 hours a week. Which is nice, cause I'm not going to tell my other boss that I'm all hers until the end of the month so I can have a few days off during the last week of the month to spend sometime with a person or two I won't be seeing for awhile, to go home and visit family and rest up my poor crippled little body.
In other workplace news, at the good ol' Irving. We won the cleanest store contest: meaning we are the cleanest store in our province! This is terribly exciting especially since we competed with several of the newly renovated stores and we ourselves are not.
However, more work beckons so I must be off.

No comments: