Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"Weekend" in the crazy place

So I went home for a couple days. That was fun. Almost missed the bus to get there, forgot to give my cat food while I was gone, and didnt' turn off my alarm clock.
However it was a good enough time. I had pad thai for the first time. It was actually quite good. I'll looking for somewhere up here where I can get it. Actually, I have Saturday morning off for the first time in weeks so I'm thinking about going to the market, if I can scrape up the money to buy a few things.
I finished the "Fifth Life of the Cat Woman": terribly enjoyable. I was done after only a few hours of reading. I loved it. Was a good feel-good-in-the-midst-of-bad-stuff kind of book. And if you like cats, you'll enjoy it very much. The conversations between the characters and the cats themselves are quite amusing and usually revolve around tuna. If you like history; you'll also like it. The "catwoman" begins teaching history and she teaches what she calls the "latrine version", the version about the ordinary people. I particularly like that aspect of history. I realize that the kings, queens, nobleman and lawmakers have an important place in history but it was most often the ordinary people who make history what it is for us. I particularly like her means of teaching her students. The only thing that made me uneasy was the whole love story thing... and the fact that she falls for one of her brothers in a past life. Little odd but I suppose it was a past life and they arent' blood related anymore sooo...
Anyways, I'm now onto the Hobbit. I'll let ya know how it goes.
I'm on vacation this week. I get two all summer so I chose this week in order to get some time in with "the leaving one" and go home. I don't get another week off like this until the end of August. Then I come back to work the long weekend and then classes begin. Hopefully. Money issues have begun to pose a slight problem and I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do. The choices consist of three: move home (this is not a good thing, this would requiring quitting my program as well as Habitat and that's neither of those are things I want to do, besides I"d go crazy), move into residence (means I have to get rid of Jack and I despise the idea of residence... they make me homesick and its not enough independence) or move and get another roomate (I have no idea who that would be since the only people here I know who would want a roomate are leaving half way through the year and that would leave me screwed, plus I don't want one). So it is a dilemna. Hopefully to be solved by working like crazy for the next couple weeks and working during the school year which chances my very already slim shot at law school.
I had more home and family stories to share but I will share later. Today I clean and finish unpacking a couple boxesl... (yes two months later and they still aren't unpacked).

No comments: