Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation blahs

I love to travel. I love road trips and habitat trips and I love seeing the countryside. One of my career choices as a child (and sort of still) was foreign affairs cause I wanted to travel. Travelling is somethign I"ve always wanted to make part of my life.
Unfortunatly my body doesn't seem to quite agree with me. I'm an anxious person. I know that. Though I don't emotionally appear to get anxious about travelling somewhere, it seems to be there, because it manifests itself physically. My body is already starting to yell at me, I just feel horrible: I'm coughing, my head hurts, I have no appetite, I feel sick to my stomach... all things I always experience when I'm travelling. It's very annoying.
I don't react well to change either. I usually experience similar feelings when I spend the night at a friend's place, come home for the weekend, or move to a new apartment etc. As a child, everytime I would spend the night at a friend's place I would get these weird pains in my stomach. It never happened any other time and it still happens, but at least I know what it is now as weird as it is.
Luckily, now that I know it'll happen I can increase meds before going, and try and prevent sickness by popping lots of vitamins and eating very healthy and getting lots of rest.
I think it's a bit worse this time around, as I'm a bit nervous/anxious/excited for the whole airplane thing. According to my little brother, a person isn't allowed to go on a plane for the first time all alone. He seems very worried. But I'm sure it'll be great fun! :)
Anyways, must finish up my last hour of work. You'll hear from me tomorrow!

No comments: