Monday, September 8, 2008

turn on the lights please

I consider myself a pretty independent gal. I have my toolbox and I know how to use most of the things in it. I can replace a fuse, unplug a toilet etc. I can't always open a bottle of pickles and yeah, I get a bit squeamish squishing a bug but all in all I'm pretty capable of taking care of myself.
I get to be a bit of a wus when it comes to the dark though: I really don't like the dark. I never have. And yeah, I know - There's nothing in the dark that isn't there in the light. But that's not really true you see, things can hide in the dark when they'd be otherwise very visible in the light.
This comes after I just walked from the bus stop to my apartment in the dark, later then I've come home yet since the move and alone. It's a few minute walk from the bus to my place and though there are street lights in spot, I really don't like it. I'm pretty confident that I couldn't defend myself anything anything that were to jump out at me or whatever things in the dark do.
Anyways... so if some night I don't get home it's cause some creature/creepy guy of the night got to me.

No comments: