Sunday, April 5, 2009

A tale of one paper

It's another one of those frantic paper-writing days.
I'm writing my term paper for European home fronts at war on propaganda posters. And it's due tomorrow morning. And I have yet to start anything. Not only do I have nothing written but I have very little research. It's certainly not going to be my best writing ever. But alas I say that a lot and I make it out fine which is probably why I'm not as worried as I should be... which is probably a bad thing.

1:16pm - 400 words! And I don't like Cadbury Poppin' MiniEggs. Very odd sensation in ma mouth. Not a fan.

1:23pm - Seriously craving McDonald's French Fries and Chicken Nuggets - 600!

1:28pm - And I'm "playing again..." stupid Coffee games.

1:56pm - 1000! I'd say that's pretty darn good for about an hour's work! I may not be able to pull the all-niters anymore but ya learn to write like a speed demon after 4 years of major procrastination!

2:36pm - 1300! Halfway there. But I've only used one source.. oops.
You know what band I've missed listening to? Third Day. I do enjoy them, and Mac Powell's voice is particularly captivating.

3:03pm - 1565! I know it's a bit late for the following academic observation but... I don't say enough of my own thoughts in papers. I rely solely on other sources usually. I mean I'll argue something but I use other people's research to back it up.

3:28pm - 1800 words in and I've finally decided on my argument: war posters were the home front's weapon of war. And I'm going to call the paper "Weapon on the Wall". Brilliant I know. :D

5:45pm - 1800 words still. Had a meeting with next year's H4H co-chairs... I'm sad to be done. :( But confident they'll do an awesome job. Back to the paper now.

6:30pm - Seriously, there is no food on this campus! I'm hungry. :(

7:02pm - 2300 words. 2500 is not 10 pages however, so I guess I've got more to go than I thought. Oh well. Though I think I'm gonna head home soon as I'm too hungry to stay here much longer.

7:54pm - 2800. Still not 10 pages. Bloody hell. Almost though, only need to add another paragraph or two so I'm going home now where there's soup. Mmmmmm...

8:54pm - Mmmm soup was tasty.
On a completely different note.. I want a kitten.
And back to the paper.

8:59pm - Oh and the job. I can have it if I want but it's definitely not something I'm up for doing so no job. :( Oh well!

9:11pm - Annnnddd Done! Just got citations left. Best part! Not.

1 comment:

LLG said...

blogging while you should be writing a paper? how productive you, at least you are writing something. I am on page 5...half way there!!