Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Good Books

So I'm tired. Very tired.
However, I did finish Middlesex today. I very much enjoyed it. Especially the writing style. I'll definetly be picking up something else by Jeffrey Eugenides sometime soon. I really loved how it began with an invocation to the muses, as well as the overall homeric feeling. The narration is one that you can easily feel connected with and ending the book almost feels like you've ended a really good coffee date with someone. Its cool.
So I started reading "The Plight of Happy People in an Ordinary World" by Natalee Caple and I'll probably finish it tonight. It's definetly not what I expected but still enjoyable. In fact, very enjoyable for a love story. Normally not the kind of book I'd enjoy but the really neat writing style makes it very much worth the read.
Ok, well that's all.

No comments: