Sunday, December 23, 2007

Humbug

I don't know how much more of my sister I can handle. So frustrated. And stressed. I have had a headache all week and now I'm getting sick. I'm tired and my foot hurts (especially in the cold!) and I'm sick of snow and I want a hug. I don't want to pack ever again, I don't want to see another old lady sweater, and I do not want to straighten that Christmas tree or remove my cat from the middle of it again.
I have been home for a week and I have not had the chance to relax at all. Its just been go go go and I need a break but I know that's not realistic. Nothing has been done and I am just about to start the baking today.
To make Christmas even worse, we are going to be all alone for dinner. Usually we had about 12 of us around once you added in my uncle and his children and my grandparents. This year, my uncle is having Christmas at his wife's parent's place, and with both my grandparents gone, dinner will be no different than any other meal. I liked Christmas dinner, all those people around made it feel like a special occasion.
Yes, I am in a bad mood. I would really just like to curl up somewhere and cry but nanaimo bars are calling. Perhaps there will be a more cheery Christmas message tomorrow.

No comments: