Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No goats for me please

I've always admired my mother for the fact that she likes any food. Up until a few months ago, I had no knowledge of any food she didn't like. Whereas I am not so fond of white milk, or onions or banana cream pie. She on the other will eat anything (though she's not a huge fan of liver). However she has discovered something she hates: goat cheese. And for us observers it's hilarious. Her first experience with the stuff that smells and tastes just like "hairy goat" was at a baby shower a few months ago where she actually had to run to the bathroom and spit it out. That's someting I had a hard time believing as I've never seen my mother do something like that before. So last night, as I was trying the goat cheese I bought before I put it on my pizza I decided to test it. I am not lying when I said I chased her around the house with my block of marble goat cheese. I tasted it and said it wasn't too bad (though this was before the aftertaste set in) and convinced (aka shoved it in her mouth) her to try it. The reaction was awesome: there was sputtering and gulping of water and the like. My mother definetly does not like goat cheese.
I also discovered I do not like it. In little shredded bits it was okay, but the smell and taste of that on my nice wheat free rice crusted pizza was horrendous. So I will learn to live without cheese if I can't have dairy cheese.

No comments: