Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Crazy Person's Stress Relief

So after I came home today with another splitting headache, I decided it must be stress. See in the past two weeks that I've had these headaches, there have been a few new things introduced. None that I thought would give me a headache but its possible. I've been eating better, or at least my version of better which could be not enough food. I've been drinking a ton of water and no coffee, so it could be caffeine withdrawal or water overdose. I've also been working out every day, maybe it's a shock to the system. However, the most likely thing, excluding any paranoid hypocondria thoughts I have, is just stress. Last term ended horribly: I was rushing around between here and home, writing papers and exams, limping on a very sore ankle, attending funerals and trying to say goodbye to people leaving. Christmas break wasn't much better: most of it was spent cleaning out my grandmother's stuff, dealing with a horrible aunt, still limping, and being snowed in with my family day in and day out. As soon as I got back here I was back to the rushing back and forth between cities, I was hit with the realization that we don't have enough money for Habitat and we probably can't make what we need, that my classes are going to be hard this term and that I still need to work. Add to this a few personal things I've been sorta tackling and I think the throbbing pain behind my eyes can be chalked up to stress.
BUT, I'm trying to tell myself it's all not so bad. First, all that other stuff is over. Or some of it at least. Second, school's supposed to be hard and I can't do it. My prof today gave a great speech on our needing to dream bigger and be more confident in our abilities etc and I am a good student, I'll do fine. No need to doubt myself. Third, yeah habitat's a bit screwed right now but its also okay. We've all done the best job we could do and we're not giving up that easy. We're just going to need to work out butts off (as is obvious by the often multiple fundraisers on one day!) Heck we knew what we were getting ourselves into when we took this on and we were confident that we could do it then. Just need to get that confidence back!
So yeah, I need some stress relief and I need to not worry so much. So I'm cleaning. Cause that's what I do and it works great. And I might go scream into a pillow for awhile. And I'm having hot chocolate tonight, whether it fits into the diet or not!

No comments: