Monday, January 28, 2008

One hell of a day! Pt.1

Here I am. Not dead. In a good deal of pain, unplesantness and boredom but still alive.
What happened to me you may ask? Welll... Let me tell you the story.
So last Wednesday morning I was lying bed, seriously considering skipping my class but I decided to do the responsible student thing and go. If only I had known what lay in store for me.
So I got ready which pretty much just included getting dressed, I didn't bother to shower or have breakfast. Had I known I wouldn't get to eat or drink again till the next day or wouldn't get to wash my shower again until a week later I might have done so but ahhhh hindsight.
Anyways, the bus arrived on campus. The bus I take gets me there right on time so I am cutting things pretty close to get to my 9:30 class. Anyways, I headed down the hill. I looked at the path first and thought that perhaps I shouldnt' go down it cause it looked really slushy but everyone else was going down it so I thought I could do it. I hadn't even gotten to the hill part when I felt my ankle go over, I heard/felt a pop and a snap and I sunk to the ground. It didn't hurt that bad so I was about to get up when I actually looked at my ankle. Well, my stomach took a nice flip and I decided against standing up on my ankle that was turned backwards practicaly when the rest of my foot wasn't. Some girl offered to help me up as well but she also decided against it when she saw my foot. People started rushing over. The girl put her coat around me, and knelt in the snow in her short skirt to support my foot (we tried a bookbag but that was much to painful), she and another guy (after he threw up) took turns holding it up. Several people put their coats around me and tried to keep me warm cause by this point I was starting to shiver and shake, partly cold and partly shock and panic I think.
I must have sat there for 5 minutes while they tried to figure out what to do with me. They couldn't get me up and none of the people around me had cars, there was cab but then they couldn't decide who'd pick me up and go with me so they just called security. These people were amazing, so nice and they really seemed with to know what they were doing.
Anyways, the eventually decided that calling an ambulance was best. It didn't take too long for it to get there and soon I was in a warm ambulance with a nice paramedic cutting off my boot so he could pop my foot back into its socket without giving me any pain killers.
More to come on my adventure tomorrow!

No comments: