Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One hell of a day! Pt.2

So I arrived at the hospital after a painful, bumpy amblance ride where all I wanted was water. Lsgb met me there (let me add now that she was amazing,spent about 13 hours with me the first day and came back to visit every other day)
Anyways, I got put in the ER where I spent the rest of the day. Lsgb made phone calls for me while they drugged me and relocated the ankle some more. Then I went for a ride down to x-ray where they x-rayed it and I saw the x-rays from the table, even I knew it was broken.
I got back to my little room and Mom was there. The doctor came in not too long after to tell me it was broken, in three places and that it was pretty much the worst break possible; I'd need surgery. So I didn't get water again cause they didn't know when I would go into surgery so I ended up not getting the surgery until around 8pm that night. I was soo dry by then, but they knocked me out pretty well I kinda forgot about it. I woke up from the surgery and they gave me a popsicle. By the time I got into my room I was still pretty drugged and it was late anyways, so Dad stayed with me till I fell asleep again (he'd gotten there while I was in surgery) and yeah. That was my day.
Who'd have thought that a broken ankle would keep me in the hospital for four days either? I just got out on Sunday.
Anyways, I'm back at Mom's, healing impatiently and uncomoftably. My chief complaints include lying in my back all time, being so housebound, and being out of the city and unable to continue classes or habitat events. But oh well, a lesson in patience and relinquishing control perhaps?

No comments: