Friday, July 6, 2007

Crankiness Abounds

Yesterday I took the bus home from work. I knew I"d need to walk part of the way unless I wanted to wait for an hour for the connecting bus to my place. The bus driver came into the store to grab a coffee just as I was heading out. I waited for him since I couldn't get on anyways. He saw me and said: "You can't go home."
I looked at him.... "why not?"
"Cause the bus doesn't go to your ____ street unless you're planning on waiting downtown for an hour or more."
I just stared at him... a bit confused whether to be creeped out by the fact that he knew where I lived or flattered that the bus drivers pay so much attention to their patrons and then I gave him a free coffee. Might as well make friends with the people who drive me home on a regular basis right?
Oh and apparently I don't look a day over eighteen. You know, five years ago people were telling me I looked twenty... apparently I have not aged one bit, in fact I'm getting younger.

Today we had our customer appreciation day. We were giving away t-shirts. I spent most of the day answering "No, sorry Hun; the shirt does not come with me in it".
I was at work for 12 hours today. Wasn't supposed to be there that long, but stuff got busy and there were things that only I could do after the manager left so I said I'd stay and get stuff done. They sent me home however when I started getting grouchy. You would too if you'd have a migraine for your entired 12 hour shift and were running on only 5 hours sleep.
Anyways, company tonight so I must clean. Tootles.

No comments: