Monday, July 2, 2007

Vanity Insanity

With the wonders of facebook, I've been able to view pictures of a wedding at home that I was unable to go to the other night due to being up here, my working and the whole not being invited thing.
However, I'm very distressed over the pictures a number of the girls have put of from the wedding. Several of the albums of several of the girls consist of over a hundred pictures from the night and out of that 100, about 5-10 of them are of the bride and groom or others in the wedding party. The rest of the pictures are of these girls and their friends all prettied up and posing for the camera.
I find the vanity of these girls terribly disgusting. And it also frustrates me that despite this obvious and blatently potrayed flaw they are still believed and treated as the perfect youth group girls.
I realize I'm no one to talk about perfection or even vanity but I'm sick and tired of hearing about these girls and how wonderful they are because of everything nice they do and I'm sick of seeing pictures of them on facebook where admist their obvious vanity they are being all "christian" and the like.
I would really like to say something to them about it. Just cause it makes me so angry, unfortunately I'd rather not deal with the wrath of some if they saw the comment. But I just might before my day is over... I just might.
Anyways, that's my rant. I just made homemade chicken noodle soup and I'm going to go eat it now. Later.

No comments: