Sunday, July 8, 2007

More Tales of Creepiness

As the perfect follow-up to bus creepiness, I have a tale of cab company creepiness.

Unfortunately true understanding of the situation can only arise from understanding of the whole picture and therefore sit back for a tale of great chaos:
I closed at work on Saturday night. Dad was picking me up so I had to hurry and in the process of hurrying I took home a very important set of keys. I did not however discover these keys until about 2am as I was heading to bed, making it impossible for me to call the open girl and let her know she couldn't open cause I had the keys. So I set my alarm clock for 5:30 am in order to call her as soon as she got to the store. She called me one minute before my alarm was set to go off. We decided she'd come over to my place to get the keys; she'd driven me home several times so it wouldn't be difficult. Or rather, shouldn't have been difficult. Maybe it was because it was 5:30 am, maybe it was because I wasn't in the car with her but for some reason, she couldn't find my place. After sitting outside in my pyjamas for 15 minutes I came back inside and called her: she'd gotten lost and given up. So we decided it'd be easiest for me to have a cab deliver them. Here follows the creepiness:
Me: Hi. Do you deliver things?
Cabman: Yes, depends on what you want delivered.
Me: A set of keys?
Cabman: Sure we can do that.
Me: Great! Ok then, I need a delivery from _____ Street to _____ Irving.
Cabman: Okay! Is this *my name.. or for the purpose of this blog: SusieQ?
Me: Umm... yes...?
Cabman: Okay SusieQ! Someone'll be right over!
Me: Um... Thanks...?

So um... they know my name. This is creepy... and weird... but kinda understandable cause I use that company alot. Anyways... that's my story. And I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quite interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.