Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Customer Conversations

I've worked alot of customer service positions in my short time in the workforce and I've never enjoyed my customers as much as I do the ones at my present position. I think its partly because of the regulars, you get to know your customers personally: what they take in their coffee, what they smoke, whether they will forget their coffee card everday, where they work etc. And it just makes conversations with them so much more fun. Many of the customers are also quite the characters and by characters I mean flirts. Many of them are truck drivers since we are a truck stop and you know.. I also though it was just my dad who flirted with the waitresses and cashiers when we were away but I was wrong and it can get a whole lot worse. I don't mind it since I know they're just kidding (or at least I hope they are) so I go along with it most of the time... to an extent, being careful though. I promise.
One man has been amusing me greatly lately with his requests for me to run away with him.
The other night he asked me to run away with him. I told him I had to work and couldn't. He said maybe next time and then asked if I'd sing him to sleep. Told him he wouldn't be falling asleep anytime fast with my horrible singing, he replied saying he wasn't planning on sleeping anyways.
Tonight when he came in he asked if I was ready to go. I said I hadn't had time to pack. He said I would definetly not need anything anyways.
I don't know how much longer I can come up with creative excuses. But I get a great kick out of it. Is this man married? If so, I do not want to meet his wife. And does he realize how much trouble he could get in if I thought he wasn't kidding? Anyways... it makes my job fun and makes it probably the best job I've ever had so I'm not gonna complain.
Okay. Off to bed and tomorrow's my day off! Yay!

No comments: