Friday, July 20, 2007

Forgive Me

I grew up listening to country music. When I finally was able to choose the music I listened to, I quicky got away from the country scene.
However, in the last couple days... I've been liking country music. Shameful I know. However, its mostly the newer stuff. So its not like I'm regresssing to Shania Twain or Alabama (though I did remember that Pam Tillis had a couple songs I really liked).
The new country music isn't nearly as country as it used to be. Its alot more poppy I guess, less twangy, guitar centered and cowboyish. And the videos have become very much like the videos you'd see on muchmusic.
So I don't feel ashamed to be listening to it. Cause there actually are a couple good songs. I'm particularly liking Jason McCoy's "She ain't missing missing me". Quite good. And the video for Leann Rimes' "Nothing Better to Do" looks like something you'd see Gwen Stephani doing, what with the choreographed dancing and all.

No comments: