Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Awkward Encounters of the Fourteenth Kind

Today was the university's clubs and societies fair. And since I had no classes today, I sat at a table all day which meant I had to deal with people. The sickness makes me cranky so I probably wasn't as friendly as I could have been but oh well.
Saw several people I knew. All of them very awkward situations. One was with a friend's friend who's well.. a little strange, I don't know her well. I've just heard the stories. The other was with someone who'd I'd see a few times last year and then who just dropped off the face of the earth with regards to me. He was oddly friendly which was weird and therefore we talked for a bit. Which was okay except that I coughed through the entire conversation. The next person was a woman who seemed to know me. And yes, I know that I know her but I do not know from where. And well, its going to drive me crazy; I did however act like I knew her and therefore also awkward.
There were a few others that pretty much just involved me and my awkwardness in general. The sickness makes it worse. As soon as I read about the seclusion of elite muscovite women I will tell you a few funny stories from yesterday.

No comments: