Saturday, September 29, 2007

My mother called me a little while ago crying, my godmother and honorary aunt died very suddenly this morning. I'm absolutely crushed. This woman was one of my favorite people. She was this really awesome lady with a huge head of fiery red hair and tons of freckles, she had a laugh that just made the world better. She'd wrap you in these hugs that made you feel like you were so little yet so loved. My earliest memories have her in them. She spent almost every Christmas at our house when we were little. She did all those fun things aunts are supposed to do with you. I stayed at her house when my brother was born, and then again when my sister was born and that was probably the best thing ever. She's in every home video we have of our childhood, usually however the one doing the taping. She had dogs, we loved them. When we got older and she got married, we visited ever Christmas day and she was at all the big events like graduations and 16th birthdays. And even though I haven't seen her in a few months and its nothing like the kind relationship we used to have with her, I'm heartbroken. This has to be the worst part about growing up; I'm not ready for the dying of people I really love. Especially of people who were completely healthy just yesterday. She was supposed to be around for much longer. She was supposed to be at my wedding, to be Aunt to my children and it isn't fair and it really really sucks.
But life's not fair is it...?

No comments: