Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ok... I'm back. I think

So I definetly said I'd talk about stuff and then didn't and I have a good reason: I got sick. I got a few posts up cause they were drafts and were pretty much done. But now I promise: classes.
First a rant about my sickness... why now...? I managed to get to all my classes minus today's. As I took some meds that just knocked me out and I slept about 16 hours. Which first of all, I probably needed that sleep however I am so sore I can barely move. But I think I am feeling better. I have no voice and my chest feels like there's a 300 pound man or woman, whichever, sitting on my chest. As my adominals muscles have definetly gotten some good toning... and I've lost 3 pounds from the lack of food. Ooo and I watched all of Stargate SG-1 Season 8 (that's a good thing btw). But all in all.. I am feeling better. I am also hungry.. be back in a few.
Ok. I snacked on cucumbers and I returned my mother's phone call. It was quite amusing actually, I called and the little brother answered. I asked how school was etc and he hestitated and answered. He then asks.. "Who are you anyways?" Apparently I don't sound like myself. I told him it was me and that I was sick with the cold he gave me. He says... "Sorry..." Awww, he's cute.
Anyways... Classes. A quick low down on 'em.
Business Law: Ironically it may be my easiest one. The prof is really nice, there are no papers, no presentations. Just 4 quizzes, a midterm and an exam. I can deal with that. So as long as I read, go to class (amusingly enough that's the class I'm going to miss all week) and pay attention I should do well.
History of Sexualities: Looks like an interesting class, though it could get boring. And I hate reading articles... I mean they sound interesting but they are just hard to read and then study from. I two "short papers" (according to my prof) each of which are 3000 words each.. short my ass.
Psyc of Women: This is going to be soooo boring. Is it bad that I find all my Women's Studies courses boring? I think so too... However, I may not be staying in this class. If I do however... I have to do a research project which includes an experiment and a research proposal... no so easy for the non-psyc student by the way.
Charter Rights: Excited and scared about this class. Its going to be really cool to study the Charter in such detail however it's going to be a hard class. Ooo and exciting, we get to do a mock trial at one point... though I believe I'm calling it by the wrong name.. anyways, that should be fun!
Crime and Social Control: I just found out this class is a seminar class, who'd a thunk it eh? And it make it even more thrilling... my seminar is in two weeks. However this does mean that after this I am done pretty much everything for this class in two weeks. Except that 4000 word paper. But pifft! My seminar topic..."criminalizing the corporate control process..." I don't know what the corporate control process is... let alone how to criminalize it. But I"ll figure it out!

I have someone I know in all my classes which is quite good. Most of the time its someone I know well like, Lizzie or Lawschoolgonnabe. Nothing with Islander this term, however we're all braving another Philosophy of Law next term though. Our prof is just gonna be thrilled to see us all again I'm sure.
Anyways, I've got some readings, and some laundry to do as well as make up some posters for H4H... let's see if my creative side made it through the summer. Later all!

No comments: