Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hot Chocolate Anyone?

So my cough has now turned into a very squeaky smoker's cough. Its amusing but kinda annoying. Actually more annoying than the original one. Dear goodness I hope this means its going away. And I haven't had to blow my nose as much today so hopefully the head cold is starting to clear up too!
So my amusing stories from yesterday. Mostly only one I'm going to share cause the other's make me appear like an idiot.
So Lawschoolgonnabe and Islander and I are having coffee (or rather, latte, coffee and hot chocolate respectively) and we were talking about today was going to be "Talk like a pirate day", they thought it was quite amusing. Islander was saying how he'd avoided the invite on facebook and lsgb commented on how she hadn't gotten one. So since we've both got our laptops out, I send her an invite without telling her. She gets all giddy about how she's got an email from facebook. She's talking about what it could be as she's waiting for pages to load etc, very excited and the like. I in the meantime am drinking my hot chocolate. Now, currently with this cold I can't breathe through my nose, nor can I really breathe through my mouth all that well but regardless, less able through my nose. I apparently found her excitment awfully amusing and started to laugh. And then cough, all the while with a mouthful of hot chocolate. Which I will add did not stay in my mouth long. Now this is not something I've ever done before so I was a bit unsure of what exactly to do. Since this experience I have learnt that you do not turn towards the people sitting with you, especially when there wasn't anyone sitting in the other direction. That's not nice. For anyone involved. Needless to say napkins were scrambled for, and everyone got a taste of my hot chocolate. Anyways, it was amusing. Must have taken a good hour to recover and stop coughing and for everyone to stop laughing. Great fun was had by all. Which reminds me... anyone know how to get hot chocolate off a computer screen?!
Oh but to redeem myself from hot chocolate showers... I try and pretend to be smarter than the business students in my business law class and with this crew its not too hard, maybe its just cause I've got more background in law type classes but these guys aren't so great. Anyways, we were discussing the good things about precedent. I spoke up in class, which I don't usually do (but need to work on as soon as the coughing stops) and answered the question have they'd all struggled for a while throwing out weird things. Okay, that was my make me feel smart moment. The day was followed by many not so smart ones.

No comments: