Sunday, September 2, 2007

Textbook Observations

I've had the chance to flip through my new textbooks for this term and I've noticed a few things about the books and the classes they are for.
1. Business textbooks have too many pictures. You'd think the Arts ones would be the ones with the color and pictuers but its the other way around.
2. My course booklet for History of Sexualities seems quite interesting despite its high cost. Which means the course will probably be quite fun.
3. My sociology book entitled "Corporate Crime, Law and Social Control" looks terribly boring. Hopefully the other text for the class which I haven't gotten yet is more interesting.
4. My text for Charter Rights looks absolutely terrifying. Its all written in that legal mumbo jumbo kind of way. Definetly NOT going to be an easy read.

Ok, now time for work. With the new guy, who's the replaced the old guy, and who is apparently about as stupid. Great fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not all business books are picture-filled, eh? And you'll do fine with the legal mumbo-jumbo: depending on what you end up doing in the next few years, you may have to get used to it. Hope the semester goes well for ya!