Friday, September 14, 2007

I've been so busy that not only have I not had the chance to blog but I haven't even seen classmates. Islander emailed me yesterday: "Are you still alive?" It continued with an offer for coffee next week, as he says it doesn't taste the same without me.
Apparently however I have seen Lizzie enough, Lawschoolgonnabe and I ran into her yesterday; instead of hello we got "I'm sick. Thanks guys."
I am currently on M's computer. I came over to watch a movie a couple hours ago (even though I don't have time... I know) and we havent' gotten to the movie yet. She and ClivesLover are reading a play. And even though I brought work I can't concentrate when they're talking about bowls of flesh and sagging breasts.
So I am now a history major. Meaning that I am no longer taking the pyschology of women class I'd orginally mentioned. Which is good. Instead however it has been replaced with a History of Imperial Russia, from 1600-1917. I would be lying if I didn't admit to being a bit scared. I'm behind and have absolutely no background in Russian history. Plus because the class was late being started (they just added it to the schedule a week or so ago) there are no books right now. So we have to wait until October before we get textbooks unless we can find them online. Which I am searching for. So yep, however, the prof is really nice. She's quite adorable actually. She helped me for awhile after the class yesterday, she's very approachable and was very helpful in catching me up. I'm looking forward to the class even though its scarey.
Apparently we are going to watch "A History of Violence" tonight. If we ever get to it. I may need to head home before we get to it though... hope not cause it sounds interesting.
I bought new books last week, specifically "Jonathan Strange and Mr.Norrell" by Susana Clarke. It was recommended to me and I had a giftcard for Chapters so I got it. Unfortunately it could be awhile before I get to reading it. I'm confused a bit though, the copy I bought is actually in three volumes... however the person who I knew who had it had it in one book. I'm confused. But oh well. And this person... he gets a name eventually. I've just lost all creativity (provided I had any to begin with) and I can't think of anything.
So I found a couple of my history books online, which is amazing cause my prof was saying most places were sold out. However.. because of a problem with paypal I think I may have paid twice... for a fifty dollar book. Gonna have to keep an eye on that and be sure it doesn't go through twice.
Anyways, they're done their reading - movie time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've seen the three-book edition. The volume I have is the original single book edition, which is divided into three parts. Same book. Once you finish it and if you like it, you should look into "The Ladies of Grace Adieu" (I think that's the title, anyways). It's a collection of short-stories that is supposed to fill in a few details from Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Haven't read it myself yet, but I plan to once I can afford to buy it. Anyways, hope you enjoy the movie! Later!