Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Always proof read to make sure you didn't anything out.

I got a paper back yesterday. One I hadn't thought I'd do too well on. Instead I got an A. Which is quite nice, my prof's only comments were "I think you should consider proof-reading or having someone else look over your papers to fix grammatical and small mistakes." And I know I should and I know my grammar sucks. See grammar things like fragments and run-on's were never my thing, I was never able to do those things in school and its a probably a problem, I know. But its not something I seem to be able to teach myself. However, I do realize that printing off my papers and reading over them before I pass them in would probably be a good idea. My proof-reading skills suck as is probably evident my many of my posts on here (sorry).
See when I lived with me my roomate in first year, she would read over my papers for me and point out anything and I think I became a little too dependent on it so when I moved out and had a roomate who didn't do that (or no roomate at all) it became something I needed to do. And I haven't done so great of a job with it. But that's gotta change, cause I realize I could get so much better marks if my grammar was better, if there were no words missing and if I didn't have paragraph long sentences sometimes. And if I knew how to use a comma... cause I don't. I think I understand the use of colons and semi-colons and definetly the use of the period but commas are not my friend. So this weekend I'm going to pull out my old grammar books and brush up on my proper english writing. For now, however, I must go get ready for my job interview!

No comments: