Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Learning IS fun!

We have been studying Peter the Great and his different reforms in my Imperial Russia History class the last few classes. Today we finished up on him but not before talking about his Sucession Decree in 1722. After Peter I's son, Aleksi and Peter died, Peter I decided he didn't like the idea of his grandson on the throne so he made up a new "legislation" that said that every tsar had to declare their sucessor, this person could be anyone they wanted. Three years later Peter the Great died without having declared a sucessor. I'm sorry but I find this terribly amusing. And more amusing was that because he hadn't declared a sucessor, his grandson who he hadn't wanted on the throne was the one who ended up there. That's what I learnt today.
Oh and I also learnt that when I'm actually learn I enjoy classes. Such as my Business Law class. Today we started talking about contracts. I'm learning new stuff and therefore I thoroughly enjoy that class. And if I enjoy a class because I'm learning stuff I am bound to do better, cause I'll actually care unlike Charter Rights. Which I hate cause I don't learn anything and therefore do not put any effort into and therefore do not do well. Its a vicious circle when I don't learn anything but a very good thing when I do learn something.

No comments: