Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dave!

Since that's what he signs with, that's what he gets. Now the story of Dave!. Because I'm procrastinating.
Over the past year and a half Dave! has become my best friend (see you knew I had one somewhere right?!), he's also adopted me as his little sister. I've always wanted a big brother but once you are already born as the first one its a little hard to go back and change that one. So the big brother I wanted showed up in the form of Dave! Dave! and I lived next door to each other during the past school year which made it difficult not to see and for him to get away from me. We spent the year watching movies, though I fell asleep in most), tv series we both very much enjoyed, attending Habitat stuff (I took over his position as co-chair), and hanging out with mutual friends.
And then he left the city, the province, this part of the country to be exact. And I was sad. And I miss him.
Dave! and have an interesting relationship, one that not many seem to understand, which does annoy me quite often. We're just friends, like super close family too. I say he's like a brother but I enjoy his company far more than I will ever enjoy the company of one of my actual brothers.
He's a huge tease, and sometimes its annoying but most of the time its not and if he were to stop I'd miss it alot. We can hang out and never actually need to do anything special, a movie or grocery shopping is just fine! We can see each other day after day and only get a little sick of each other.He could make me laugh like nobody else and I think he appreciates my goofy and silly sense of humor cause I could make him crack a smile quite often. He can beat me at crazy eights like nobody else I know too; though there was that one time I won several games in a row, even if it never happened again. He yelled at me once and made me cry. I stopped breathing once and made him cry. We've travelled many miles of US highway together, we've looked after each other when sick after giving each other whatever we were sick with. We've sat in hospital waiting rooms together for hours on end. We've laughed at each other's stupidity and pain on more than one occasion. And then we could be very serious should it be needed. So serious as to make me think he has a child (I will get you back for that someday...)
He rarely talks to me if something's bothering him and sometimes that makes me feel useless in the friendship but I know he knows he can and that if he wanted to he would and sometimes he does. I usually can tell if he's upset about something and I think I made good cheering up attempts (which I will admit was much easier when he was living next door). He also knows when I'm upset and usually he'll squeeze it out of me. And if nothing is ever said to make me feel better a hug was always very much appreciated. He let me cry and fall asleep on his shoulder too many times to count. He let me cook for him, which was always fun- someone willing to eat my cooking.
I have friends that I know are my friends right now but I know they are friendships that would never stand the test of time and distance, which sucks but its a fact of life. My friendship with Dave! however is different. I am quiet confident that should he return to my province in 3 years, we would be just as close or closer than we were in the months before he left. Besides, I've got some of his dvd's: He's gotta see me again ;)
So that's Dave! and I get to see him in approx. 52 days! :D

No comments: