Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Looooooong Walk

So I went for a walk this afternoon. It was my "day off" and after I got home I just felt like I needed to do something semi-relaxing.
A few people had told me about a particular trail in the near vicinity so I thought I'd try that one. The only way I knew to get to it was a ways away in itself. But I got to it and it was beautiful, there were points where I could just stand there and not hear one noise of the city, there were no cars, houses, or other people in sight and it was wonderful. However, as I kept walking I just kept getting farther and farther into the middle of nowhere. By the time I realized this trail was ridiculously long I was too far into it to turn around. It wasn't like I was lost, I knew where I was (right there) and I knew where I was heading, though I wasn't sure how far away from home I'd come out. Well, as darkness started to come on.. which is not nice when you are in the middle of the woods alone, I finally got to civilization again... unfortunately a very very very long ways from home. At least I knew here I was and I knew how to get home from there.
So three hours later I got home. And oh my gosh I'm tired. For good reason, if the signs where right I walked almost ten kilometres.
It was so nice though, it was brisk and not too hot or too cold. The leaves were beautiful and they were falling. I love leaves. There was one point where I was walking through the leaves that had fallen and I was kicking them (the temptation to pick them up and throw them in the air was very strong too). I was having fun, and apparently it showed cause the guy who passed me laughed at me, in a good way, at my childish delight of the leaves.
I saw lots of cats! And only one dog. Being walked by someone who looked terribly familiar... but I don't know anyone around here with a dog... so apparently my imagination is getting the best of me made evident by the fact that they definetly didn't know me...
So yes, it was very very nice. And I'll do it again, this time shorter. There's a trail that's more of hiking trail than a road and its actually into the woods and I want to walk it... but I need to find a buddy to do it with.
Time to get some reading done! And if the fresh air doesn't help me sleep tonight... so help me lol.

No comments: